Buying at auctions
We organise what we call traditional auctions 4 times a year. These are events that you can participate in either by coming to the auction site, or by using our online Liveauction-bidding tool. If you visit us at the auction site you can look at the lots before deciding to place a bid, and if your bid wins you can get to take any lots you’ve won with you immediately after all costs have been paid. Please view the auction catalogue for the address to the auction site.
Placing a bid with the Liveauction bidding tool
Our Liveauction bidding tool allows you to participate in the bidding from any device with a modern browser. We recommend ensuring that you have a fast internet connection available, as the network lag may otherwise cause you problems.
Note: Please log-in with your personal User-Id and password. If You are not registered yet please see instructions: https://demo-liveauction.holmasto.fi/registration/join
Arriving at the auction site
When you arrive at the auction site you need to check in at our reception. Please have a valid government issued ID ready. Note: You need to register at the reception even if you do not plan to buy anything.
After registering you will receive a numbered yellow paddle which you will use to place bids during the auction.
Placing a pre-auction bid before the auction
We provide you with the opportunity to place bids on lots before the auction starts. You can do this through the online auction catalogue when you are logged in (note: currently you need to register on to our old site for placing bids online, see https://www.holmasto.fi/en/auctions for details about this). When placing pre-auction bids, we recommend that you bid the highest amount that you are willing to pay for a lot even if the starting price is considerably lower. Our auction system will take care of increasing your bid automatically up to your bid as the auction proceeds. If the clubbed price is lower than your bid, you only pay the clubbed price.
Placing a bid with the paddle
During the auction, the auctioneer will call out the lot number currently being sold and the current bidding price. The information is also shown on a screen behind the auctioneer. When you see a lot that you want to place a bid on, raise your yellow paddle so that it is clearly visible to the auctioneer and his assistant stage. keep the paddle raised for as long as you are participating in the bidding. If the asking price reaches a level higher than what you are prepared to pay, lower your paddle.
1. Go to https://liveauction.holmasto.fi
2. Log in using your credential (note: needs to be credentials for the old site for the time being)
3. If the auction has not yet started, you will see a notification screen only. You can leave your browser on this page, and when the auction starts it will automatically refresh to the lot currently being sold.
4. Once the auction has started, you will be presented with a screen that shows the current lot being sold, the price that it would currently be sold for, and the current asking price. Typically, a lot will be displayed for anything between 5 – 10 seconds before being clubbed if there is no immediate interest in the lot (depending on the value of the lot), so please be prepared to pack bids in advance on lots that you are interested in.
5. To place a bid at the current asking price, simply click “Place bid” at the bottom of the screen.
6.To place a bid at a higher price than the current asking price, type the sum you want to bid in the input next to the “Place bid” button, then click “place bid”. Note that bids above 200.000€ cannot be placed through the Liveauction-bidding tool. Also note that it is not possible to cancel a bid that is placed using the Liveauction-tool.
7. If your bid wins the screen will notify you before moving to the next lot. You can also check the status of your winnings from the “Your results” menu option in the bidding tool.
8. If your bid no longer is the highest bid, the screen will change to an orange/red background. You can increase your bid by repeating step 5.
Corrections during and after the auction
We reserve the right to correct the price or buyer during an auction or after an auction.
Receiving lots you’ve won
You can receive any lots you’ve won during an auction at our reception at the auction site any time during the auction once you Hav settled the bill. Any items sold are the property of Holmasto until the bill for the item has been settled completely. At the auction site we accept cash and major credit cards.
If you did not participate in the auction on site, but instead place pre-auction bids or used the Liveauction tool from a different location, you may either pick up your items from our shop starting the following business day, or may have them shipped to you.